VILLA BIKES & EQUIPMENT.
On the afternoon of arrival you'll be fitted for your bike, one of our quality, aluminium Trek hybrid bikes. We use hybrids as they have the slightly more upright riding position of a mountain bike, thus making them more comfortable to ride than a road bike. This riding position, combined with tyres that are thicker than those on a road bike, gives you increased stability & safety on the road.
The bike's components are Shimano - easy to use, tough and reliable! Plus having 27 gears available will make any hills a little easier! All of the above mean you should be comfortable on your bike whilst getting the most from your efforts!
Electric assistance bikes are also available for hire. Electric bikes
are great for giving less able bikers, or less enthusiastic ones, an authentic taste of the beautiful Luberon by bike. By selecting the amount of
assistance you use, you are able to manage the level of effort you give. The bikes are easy to ride, highly autonomous with a minimum range of 60kms to a
max of 100kms. With all the equipment you could need, and with one of our new Garmin GPS units you are set for an easy carefree tour.
Electric bikes can be hired at an additional 25 euros per night, if interested please mention it at the time of booking.
We will also supply you with the following bike equipment:
- The latest Garmin Edge 1000 GPS - For easy to use navigation... It fits right onto your handlerbars.
- A bike helmet - Good quality, light-weight and comfortable.
- An under saddle bag containing a multi tool, a spare inner tube and tyre levers.
- A light weight pump is also attached to the frame.
- Rear pannier rack and bags.
- A water bottle and bottle cage.
- A good quality combination lock, easily transportable as it attaches to your bike when not being used.
- Our bikes have bar ends - for easy climbing and for cruising at higher speeds.
- We can also supply shimano SPD automatic pedals instead of the standard flat pedals - please request at the time of booking.
Supplying you with a bike & equipment means of course that you don't have the trouble and expense of having to transport your bike to the South of France. If, however, you want to bring your own bike that's no problem, if you could just let us know at the time of booking.
SOME CUSTOMER QUOTES ON OUR SELF GUIDED TOUR SET UP
"Best of all is the cycling set-up. Neil supplies the bikes, helmets and GPS system with a huge choice of rides in terms of length, difficulty and locations."
Alan - UK - Sept 13.
"The bikes are excellent and well maintained."
Gill - Australia - May 12.
"The bikes were very good quality and the GPS made route finding so easy and enjoyable that you won't want to cycle without one again. "
T&E Calnan - UK - July 12.
"Great bikes that fit perfectly, easy-to-use locks and useful panier bags, gel cushions for the seats and water bottle holders - everything we needed."
Richard & Annette - UK - June 2010.
"The GPS on the bikes was brilliant, and made the tours very enjoyable."
Manon & Sarah - UK - Sept 2010.
"Equipment was ideal for its purpose and the sat nav's made life so easy."
Pippa & Dave - UK - July 2010.